Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Classroom Poster: Where Are We?

I met up with my co-teacher, Jenna, today and we discussed modifying our classroom for four hours. We are currently set to have eight students, two of them being completely new!  A lot of "work" (Does anyone else enjoy decorating/arranging as much as me?) lies ahead of us but we're both excited to get started. Twenty short days stand between us and our 2013-2014 school year with our first inservice day being a week before students arrive. Not to mention our graduate classes kicking off in beginning of September. Let the countdown begin! 

As we were prepping and planning today, Jenna suggested we download/purchase a poster for hanging in the hallway near the classroom door. The common purpose of this type of poster is to notify visitors (or even students who arrive late) where the class is working. Now, I've seen these a million times before (and I'm sure you have, too) but just today I realized the function it could hold for us (...thanks, Jenna!).

 Our classroom invites BCBAs, practicum students, two program directors, multiple TSS, parents, and so on, through our door on a regular basis. Practicality also lies within assisting our staff, principal, and maintenance mechanics with our location. What better way to have this information available and ready when someone comes to our door?

Forever seeking uniformity, I was unable to purchase or download one that specifically fit our needs; so, I made my own! A special thanks to Graphics from the Pond and Jen Jones for creating graphics and fonts free for personal use. A little typing, resizing, printing, and laminating yielded this:






Oh, and not do mention these glitter clothespins I found at Michael's craft store for $1.





We plan on visiting the classroom next on Tuesday; I can't wait to hang it up. 

How are you getting ready for back to school season?


Happy Teaching!
Kortnie C.

No comments:

Post a Comment