Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ordering Numbers File Folder and Fine Motor Strip Freebie

Whew! I can't believe it's already been over a week since my last post. Just when it feels like I get a grip on everything, life throws a curve ball!

Don't worry, though, because I have a late-night (yes, 9:30 is "late" for me) freebie that could be used as an independent task, center, or basically anywhere else you can name.

A common skill acquisition program in our classroom is numbers. Our starting point is usually 1-5 and we build the kiddos up as long as the functionality remains. To practice this, I've bundled a 14-page freebie with 5 file folders and 17 number strips.



I intend to assemble the file folders by level (i.e. ordering number cards 1-5, 1-12, 1-18, 1-24, and 1-30). My kiddos will be able to finish a file folder that I've started for them (by including a few numbers to begin with) or start from scratch ordering to their ability.

The number strips will be used two ways: by asking kiddos to write in the missing numbers with a dry erase marker or clip on pre-numbered clothespins in the correct spot. Either way, I'm determined to teach them those tricky "teen" numbers!

Grab a copy of this and other freebies in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store! I'm keeping this short and sweet tonight but promise to post more soon!


Happy Teaching!
Kortnie C.

P.S. I'll try to update this post tomorrow with the assembled file folders and fine motor strips so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment